-
March 12th, 2010, 06:58 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
604 cabinet plans
How/Where can I get a copy of the 604 tower plans I have seen people talk about on this site? I've got the 620 plans but want to mount the drivers higher than that.
thanks
toby
-
March 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: 604 cabinet plans
If you are talking about the Stonehenge V plans, talk to the person that runs this forum, Tom.
If you are talking about mltl's, ala, jay fisher or stephean's.. talk to GM....
Open baffles, talk to amadare, gnortripper...
These are the people I know off hand... there are others lurking about , but these who come to mind when it comes to various cab construction of various flavors for this driver.
-chris
-
March 13th, 2010, 01:12 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Re: 604 cabinet plans
Another fine cabinet plan can be found on Billfort's website. A google search of Billfort + Altec + 604 will pull up the link.
There seem to be two popular ways to go with 604's. You can build a vented enclosure with the interior volume at, or close to, the airspace volume compliance (Vas) and tune the cabinet to the free air resonance of the speaker. But that's ends up being quite large. The towers you mention may be something like this. This will take you down to ~20Hz or so depending on what version of the 604 you have.
The other option is to build a smaller vented enclosure that has a flat response, but is lacking in low frequency. Then you can supplement it with a sub.
I've been running my 604's in Altec 612 cabs (6cuft) and have been very pleased even though they don't have much output below 35Hz. I really hardly miss the lower range because what is there sounds nice and controlled.
Dan
-
March 13th, 2010, 07:13 PM
#4
HB Super Moderator
-
March 14th, 2010, 12:45 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: 604 cabinet plans
totally forgot about Bill Fort's cab's....
-chris
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks